Here's the first project update for Simian Photo Server. It has been a little over 24 hours since I started the project and at the moment the status is thus
- The build system is set.
- The web-server is up (though not serving much ATM).
- The graphql schema is defined and I can see dummy data in graphiql.
- Usual suspects like config, linting, testing, and logging are set.
I used to use SASS. However in the last couple of months that I used PostCSS for Horace it has grown on me. PostCSS is fast, and I love the control it gives me.
I have been using Express for Horace, and I intend to use Express for SPS as well. It is mature and everything that I will need works with Express out of the box: Static, GraphQL, and SocketIO. The entire gang is here.
I have tangled with GraphQL in the past and given up in defeat. Hopefully this time around I will be able to wrap my head around it (or rather around relay) better.
Anyway the important thing is that I have linting in place 'before' I write any code.
I will be using Mocha and Istanbul on SPS. I have it setup for server side as well as client side code.
There's this great little library called nconf that I have been using for config management with Horace. nconf picks up configuration from the command line, environment variables and config files.
Winston, with console and file transports.